About this NoLimits 2 package
This package includes configurable Scenery Objects that can be used to create trail lights on rollercoasters. These lights interact with rollercoaster trains when passing the light, allowing for “chasing” light effects.
Custom Trail Light Base Object:
Allows to create a simple chasing light effect along a coaster track by placing the object at the beginning of the light package. Every time a Train passes a light point, the light will change its color from the configured Base Color to the Effect Color by fading. The fading, as well as Effect Color duration, is user customizable.
- No scripting required
- Select coaster
- Customizable base light color
- Customizable effect light color
- Adjustable light intensity
- Adjustable light spacing (distance between two lights)
- Customizable light chain length.
- Customizable light transition time (fade between colors)
- Adjustable effect light duration.
- Adjustable light cooldown.
- Adjust light position offset (only for lights with halo effect).
- Option to turn off lights during daytime.
- Option to convert all distance inputs to imperial.
- Troubleshooting directions in messages window
- Multiple set-up object with different number of lights (avoiding unused lights that impact performance)
- Working with shuttle coasters (activate lights forwards and backwards)
Trail Lights Grouping Plugin:
Allows to assign any Custom Trail Light Object to a Light Group and Light Chain to segment a Layout into different lighting zones. The groups and assigned lights can be read by other plugins to further enhance the light show.
- Position-based grouping. (To assign a Custom Trail Light Object to a Light Group and Light Chain place “grouping frame” around the Custom Trail Light Object).
- Assign Custom Trail Light to Light Group.
- Assign Custom Trail Light to Independent Light Chain.
- Colorable (for visual groping).
Effect Light Color Hue Loop Plugin:
Allows to set the effect light to a Hue Loop with configurable parameters.
- Set Custom Trail Light Effect Light to Hue Loop.
- Adjustable Hue Loop Duration.
- Adjustable Hue Loop Step Size.
- Assign Hue Loop to Light Group.
- Apply effect to entire Light Chain.
- The effect can be applied to a single Light Group.
- The effect can be applied to complete Light Chain.
Shipped scene objects
Listed below are all Scenery objects shipped with this package that can be placed in any park.
- Trail Light 10.nl2co
- Trail Light 25.nl2co
- Trail Light 50.nl2co
- Trail Light 100.nl2co
- Trail Light 200.nl2co
- Trail Light 500.nl2co
- Trail Light 10 Halo.nl2co
- Trail Light 25 Halo.nl2co
- Trail Light 50 Halo.nl2co
- Trail Light 100 Halo.nl2co
- Trail Light 200 Halo.nl2co
- Trail Light 500 Halo.nl2co
- Trail Lights Group Setup.nl2sco
- Effect Light Color Hue Loop Setup.nl2sco
- Change Light Program Demo Object.nl2sco
How to use the setup objects:
- Place a light setup object with appropriate light count (see chapter version below) within 3 m of coaster track.
- Open object properties.
- Select coaster to interact with.
- Enter light trail length to match section length you try to set up with lights.
- Enter the light spacing distance (distance between two lights).
- Enter additional settings.
The position of the set-up object marks the start of the light chain (center of object → first light)
- Light chains cannot extend over the boarder of a special track.
This means the light chain has to be broken up in multiple sections up to the special track, as well as after the special track.
- The lights at the beginning of the light chain light up noticeably brighter than on the rest of the chain.
This is the result of issue 1) please split up the light chain in multiple parts.
- The set-up object is visible during simulation.
This means a misconfiguration occurred. Check the messages window to learn more on how to resolve the issue.
Additional information and setup instructions are provided in .pdf form inside the downloaded package.